Optimized Eligibility Criteria, Maximum Reach
-We Need Your Compliance To Effectively Care For You
At Sahara Hospice Care, we strive to reach out and help the maximum number patients for home care nursing to create maximum impact.
However, due to a large number of patients and our numbered team, we know offering medical care to all is a nearly impossible feat.
Therefore, we especially help those in urgent need of hospice care in Houston, TX.
General Hospice Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible for hospice care, patients must meet this general set of guidelines for hospice care in Houston, Texas.
- The patient has a prognosis of surviving for 6 months or less on a life-limiting illness.
- The patient has faced frequent hospitalization, especially in the last 6 months.
- The general physician and hospice medical doctor certify the prognosis.
- The patient and their family wish to opt for palliative care as the way forward.
- The patient has recurrent infections, has lost weight, or continues to experience a decline in cognitive ability.
If you or your loved one ticks the criteria above, help in end of life care via hospice care in home is a viable option.
We understand that some diseases have the patient undergoing constant pain and fatigue.
- Cardiac Diseases
- Renal Illnesses
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Parkinson’s Disease
The home hospice care in Houston acknowledges such diseases and declares hospice care eligibility for people with 2 or more of such chronic conditions and/or with deteriorating health.
Hospice care in home comes with 24/7 monitoring, constant care, and usage of the best medicines and quality equipment.
Therefore, to meet the finances of such a holistic medical package, see if you or your loved one match the criteria for:
- Private Insurance Hospice
- Medicare Hospice
- Medicaid Hospice
If the patient is above 65 and /or qualifies for Medicare, you can avail of the following 4 plans below:
Medicare Part A:
Part A covers all expenses from hospital services and Hospice Care to Nursing Homes and Health Facilities.
Medical Part B:
Cost of Doctor’s Visits, medical equipment, and Outpatient Services are included in Part B
Medicare Part C:
Also know as the Medicare Advantage Plan, Medicare Part C is offered by a contracted private insurance providers. patients can avail Part A & Part B plans through this Program.
Patients eligible for Part A or covered by Part A through their advantage plan can avail Medicare Hospice Care.
For Medicaid Program to cover Hospice Care, the patient must meet the following criteria:
- Diagnosed with a terminal Illness
- Discontinuing the curative treatment unless below 21 years of age.
- Reduced Life expectancy certified by a physician.
- No Skilled Nursing Care currently.
Under Medicare Hospice, costs of physicians, nursing palliative care and medical equipment are all covered
Private Insurance Hospice:
Several Insurance Providers provide coverage for Hospice Care along with Medicare or can be availed separately. You can avail them through your employer or privately.
Early Referrals for Impactful Hospice Care
If you think you or your family member can become better with home nursing, do not hesitate to make the call.
Early referrals leads to better end of life care. They can also prolong the time left in some cases or make the last moments special, and vastly less painful.
Reach out to us today to confirm hospice care eligibility requirement in Houston, Texas.